DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and HealthCare Partners, a DaVita Medical Group. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care consistently differentiates itself from other kidney care companies and surpasses national averages for clinical outcomes. The company’s clinical outcomes for dialysis have improved for the past decade, and in many key areas measuring quality dialysis care, we lead the nation. As of December 31, 2016, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,350 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 188,000 patients. The company also operated 154 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States.
HealthCare Partners, a DaVita Medical Group, manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of December 31, 2016 HealthCare Partners, a DaVita Medical Group, provided integrated care management for approximately 749,000 patients. The company’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
DaVita—which is Italian for “giving life”—has more than 70,000 teammates (employees) working to provide superior patient care and exemplify the company’s Core Values:
- Service Excellence: Serving others — our reason for existing.
- Integrity: We say what we believe, and we do what we say. We are trusted because we are trustworthy.
- Team: One for All, and All for One! We work together, sharing a common purpose, a common culture and common goals.
- Continuous Improvement: We never stand still; we are never satisfied.
- Accountability: We don’t say, “It’s not my fault,” or “It’s not my job.” We take responsibility for meeting our commitments — our personal ones as well as those of the entire organization. We take ownership of the results.
- Fulfillment: We make a difference. We feel rewarded — personally and as a team — because what we do in our jobs is consistent with our goals and dreams.
- Fun: We enjoy what we do. We know healthcare is hard work; but even hard work can be fun.
Since DaVita began in 1999, we have developed programs to enrich lives—and in creating programs for our patients and teammates, we realized that the goodwill they’ve generated has also spread to our families, into more than 2,000 local communities and around the world. Community Care—the annual report outlining the DaVita vision for social responsibility—defines our organization’s “declaration of interdependence” and philosophy on the role corporations should play in America. DaVita is a community first, and a company second. We are a community that just happens to be organized in the form of a company.
DaVita’s Community Care is comprised of four essential components:
- Building a Community
- To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World Has Ever Seen
- Being a Role Model for American Health Care
- Sending Forth Ripples of Citizen Leadership